Both grown-ups and adults alike are fond of ice-cream in chocolate coating. It has a magic of its own, a strong lure of hard and cold chocolate coating and tender ice-cream.
There are many kinds of Eskimo Pie ice-cream, you can take it wherever your fantasy will lead you – for you can put a chocolate coating on any ice cream.
Ingredients for Coconut Eskimo Pie
- 5 glasses milk
- egg yolk
- 2-3 tablespoons starch
- 0.4 lb sugar
- 0.2 lb dry milk
- 4 tablespoons coconut shavings
- 0.1 lb butter
Ingredients for chocolate coating
- 0.4 lb chocolate and 0.4 lb butter
Recipe for Coconut Eskimo Pie
- Rub an egg yolk with starch and 5 tablespoons of milk.
- Mix the rest of the milk with dry milk and add sugar.
- Bring the mixture to boil and add the yolk-starch mixture pouring it in in a thin trickle and stirring constantly. Boil for 2 minutes, add butter and coconut shavings, turn off the heat.
- Let the mixture cool down and pour it into the ice-cream maker. Freeze for about 20 minutes.
- When soft ice-cream is ready, put it into glasses, put in sticks and put into the freezer for 3 hours.
- Prepare the chocolate coating – melt 0.4 lb chocolate and 0.4 lb butter on a water bath.
- Put the glasses with ice-cream into warm water, take the ice-cream out.
- Dip ice-cream quickly into warm coating, get it out and hold in your hand until it cools down.
- Place it on a sheet of parchment into the freezer. When it has gotten frozen, you can eat it.