Try this beef salad recipe with red onion, capers and cabbage. The salad is quite rich and spicy. Red onion is slightly spicier than white or regular yellow onions. Beef meat is essential for our health. It contains vitamin B12 because cows feed on green grass. Vitamin B12 promotes iron absorption in the body. Beef meat also helps overcome tiredness. British health specialists advise men with high levels of bad cholesterol eat up to 200 g of lean beef meat on a daily basis. They found that this diet helps lower cholesterol levels by nearly 20 percent. And cabbage is considered to be a wonder food for men because it protects prostate gland from various diseases. That’s why making this salad your regular meal is a great idea. Here is the recipe.
Ingredients for Beef Salad with Red Onion
1 lb beef (lean cut)
30 g capers
200 g fresh cabbage
1 large red onion
Several parsley stalks
2 tablespoons ketchup
2 tablespoons olive oil
Oregano, salt to taste
Bay leaf, whole black pepper
Recipe for Beef Salad with Red Onion
- Wash beef and boil the whole chunk with bay leaves and black pepper.
- Boil meat for 1-1.5 hours.
- While meat is cooking, finely chop cabbage, onion and parsley.
- Put everything into a bowl and rub well with salt and oregano and to release juice.
- Dress with ketchup and add capers. Combine everything well and let stand.
- As the meat is ready, remove it from broth. Let it cool and chop finely.
- Then add chopped meat into the ingredients.
- Dress with olive oil and mix everything well.
- Let stand for 20 minutes.
- Put the salad into a salad bowl or on a serving plate.
- Garnish as you like (we garnish it with onion and parsley).
Note: Keep in mind that capers are pre-salted. Make sure not to put too much salt.