Quail’s meat is very tasty. Let’s try to stew it in a sauce made from sweet pepper and celery. The meat will come out juicy and tender, and will be appreciated by all who are fond of rich and racy food.
Ingredients for Ragout Quail
- 4 quails
- 3 sweet peppers
- 2 stalks celery
- 4 garlic cloves
- 0.1 lb pork fat
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, black pepper
Recipe for Ragout Quail
- Sprinkle quail carcasses with lemon juice and rub them with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Leave them for 30 minutes.
- Cut pork fat into small pieces and melt it; add oil. Fry the quails quickly on all sides until nicely brown and take them out.
- Put finely cut garlic into the same frying pan and fry until golden.
- Add celery and in 2 minutes put in sweet pepper cut into small cubes. Fry for about 3 minutes.
- Then pour in a glass of water and put in the browned quail carcasses.
- Cover up and stew for about 30 minutes on low heat