Pasta is the main dish for Italians. They eat it practically every day, but few of them are obese. The secret is that they eat their pasta a little underdone. If you don’t boil it too much its glycemic index is low so it doesn’t get transferred into excess fat. Besides pasta is usually eaten with different sauces that are mostly low on calories. Try cooking penne with orange sauce and crab meat, it is a delicious dish that will go easy on your waistline.
Ingredients for Penne with Crabs (for 2 portions)
- 0.4 lb penne
- 0.2 lb crab meat
- 2 oranges
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Worcester sauce
Recipe for Penne with Crabs in Orange Sauce
- Pour some oil into a deep frying pan and fry ginger.
- Pour in Worcester sauce and juice squeezed from oranges.
- After the mixture has boiled for 3 minutes add crab meat. Simmer for about 3 minutes and turn off the heat.
- Boil penne in 4.2 pt (10 glasses) salted water, strain and mix with the sauce.