How to Make Octopus Carpaccio
Carpaccio is usually served as a main dish or as a hors d’oeuvre. This way of cooking and serving is widely used in Italian cuisine.
Octopus carpaccio is an exquisite dish, tender and tasty. It is a regular item in the menu of expensive restaurants.
The tastiest octopuses are those which have two rows of suckers on each of the 8 tentacles.
Ingredients for Octopus Carpaccio
- Octopus: about 1 kg.
- A sprig of fresh rosemary.
- Pink and black pepper.
- Marine large salt 1 tbsp.
- Parsley, basil, olive oil, lemon juice.
- Empty plastic bottle.
Recipe for Octopus Carpaccio
- First of all wash the octopus in running water, remove the mucus. Take out the guts, eyes and beak.
- Put a pan half filled with water on the heat, salt, rosemary, pink and black pepper.
- Bring to boil and put the octopus in.
- Cover the pan with a lid and boil for about an hour.
- Let the octopus cool down in the water it was boiled in, or you’ll get a rubber-like substance.
- When it has cooled, take it out, cut into large pieces, leaving the tentacles intact.
- Put it into an empty plastic bottle with its top cut halfway and its bottom pierced.
- Press the octopus meat in with a hammer so there won’t be any empty pockets, and leave in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Take the octopus out of the bottle and cut into thin slices.
- Put in a dish, sprinkle with olive oil mixed with lemon juice and chopped parsley and basil.