Red Cabbage Salad with Apples
Try a bright red cabbage salad full of vitamins and antioxidants. It can be a perfect side dish to meat, fish or a healthy appetizer during the day.
Ingredients for Red Cabbage Salad with Apples
- Half or a quarter of a small cabbage.
- 1-2 apples.
- 1-2 carrots.
- Lemon juice.
- Olive oil: 3-4 tbsp.
- A few leaves of mint or basil.
- Freshly ground black pepper, salt.
Recipe for Red Cabbage Salad with Apples
- Chop the cabbage finely and mash it with a couple pinches of salt.
- Grate apples and carrots using a coarse grater.
- Mix everything in a salad bowl, season with lemon juice and olive oil.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix all, give the stand for about 30 minutes, and enjoy.