No matter how you cook monkfish it will invariably come out fine, so tender and tasty this fish is. But, when baked with cheese crust, it was so delightful that we wanted to share the recipe with you. The fish often include a menu for Christmas in Italy, because in those days made by tradition to cook a lot of different fish dishes.
Ingredients for Monkfish with Cheese Crust
- 4 monkfish tails
- 6 tablespoonfuls grated Parmesan
- 6 tablespoonfuls ground dry bread
- 3 garlic cloves
- a couple of parsley sprigs
- 6 tablespoonfuls olive oil
- air-dried tomatoes
- white pepper, salt
Recipe for Monkfish with Cheese Crust
- Take the backbones out of the fish and boil them for some broth.
- Put fish fillets tightly into a baking tray and salt them a little.
- Mix cheese, garlic, parsley and dry bread in a bowl. Add oil, salt and pepper.
- After that add gradually the fish broth, mixing everything up into a soft paste.
- Coat fish fillets with that paste and put in the oven. Bake for 30 minutes at 356 degrees.
- Decorate with air-dried tomato strips.