When zucchini and pumpkins are in bloom, the time is ripe for delicious dishes with these flowers. They can be not only battered but used for preparing heavenly sauces for pasta. You are sure to be enchanted with the dish.
Ingredients for Bucatini with Pumpkin Flowers
- 0.4 lb bucatini
- 0.2 lb smoked pancetta
- 12-14 pumpkin or zucchini flowers
- 5 oz or 0.75 glass milk or cream
- curry powder, salt, olive oil, grated parmesan cheese: to taste
Recipe for Bucatini with Pumpkin Flowers
- Pour some olive oil into a deep frying pan; cut pancetta into cubes and fry it.
- Cut the flowers along and put them in. Fry for another two minutes and after that pour in milk. Salt, add a pinch of curry and simmer for 3 minutes. Sauce for pasta is ready.
- Boil bucatini according to the instructions on the label.
- Strain pasta through a colander and put into the frying pan with the sauce. Mix well and serve at once while still hot. Top with grated cheese.