Delicious donuts don’t have to be sweet always – you can make them and with any kind of cheese, herby and spicy. They make an excellent breakfast, dinner or supper. Donuts are also good with broth or as a snack to beer or wine. Here is the recipe that will help you make soft and flavorful donuts.
Ingredients for Cheese Donuts
- 0.2 lb Feta cheese
- 0.1 lb parmesan
- A few stalks parsley, dill, and a pair of leaves basil
- A pinch of tarragon, oregano, black and pink pepper
- 0.05 lb yeast
- 1 lb flour
- 1 glass water
- an egg
- pinch of sugar and salt
Recipe for Cheese Donuts
- Dissolve yeast in warm water with a couple of spoons of flour.
- When the yeast has come to, add the rest of the flour, an egg, finely grated cheese, greens and spices.
- Knead the dough. You may need a slightly different ratio of water and flour to make non-sticky dough.
- Roll it into a ball, put into a bowl and cover up. Leave like that for 2 hours.
- After that roll out the dough and cut rings with a form, and and let them lie down for 10 minutes.
- Fry them in plenty of oil until they get nicely brown.