How to Make Lentil Soup with Mutton – Mediterranean way
This soup has a rich taste, spicy and flavorful. Lentil soups are good for digestion, they heat well, sending heat waves through the body which makes them ideal for cold seasons. If you are a vegetarian or keep to a diet, you can make a tasty lentil soup without meat.
Ingredients for Lentil Soup with Mutton
- 1.2 lb mutton or lamb
- a glassful of dark lentil
- 1 zucchini
- 1 carrot
- 6-7 cherry tomatoes
- 0.2 lb grated tomatoes (puree)
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon salted capers
- 5 cloves garlic
- grated parsley: 2-3 tablespoon
- dried basil, oregano, black pepper, salt: to taste
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4.2 pt or 8 glasses water
Recipe for Lentil Soup with Mutton
- Let lentil soak for several hours, then wash and boil until it’s half ready.
- Cut mutton up into smallish pieces and fry them a little.
- Pour water into a pan, put in meat and lentil and boil on low heat for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile cut all the vegetables into small cubes. Fry onion first on a frying pan in olive oil, then add carrot, zucchini and in another 3 minutes add tomatoes. Fry for 3 minutes more.
- Put the fried vegetables, tomato puree, capers, basil and oregano into the broth with meat and lentil.
- Boil for about 10 minutes on low heat; at the end add chopped parsley and garlic and turn off the heat at once.
- Let the soup come to for about 15 minutes and serve.