White mushrooms are considered to be the best of all mushrooms as regards taste. These fleshy thick mushrooms will make any dish delicious and flavorful. White mushroom soup is very easy to cook. Do not put in many ingredients lest they overshadow the pleasant mushroom smell.
Ingredients for Cheese Soup with White Mushrooms
- 0.7 lb white mushrooms (you can take frozen ones)
- 1 leek (only white root part)
- 3 potatoes
- lb/ 50 g butter
- lb/ 150 g creamy melted cheese
- 2-3 parsley stalks
- bay leaves
- Dice leek into thin rings and slightly saute it in butter until nicely golden.
- Peel potatoes and cut into cubes.
- Pour 3.2 pt/ 6 cups water into a pan. Boil it and put in potatoes.
- When potatoes start to boil, add mushrooms, salt and bay leaves.
- Cook for about 15 minutes, add leek and in 3 minutes put in cream cheese. Mix the soup carefully to dissolve the cheese and turn the heat off.
- Serve the soup hot with dry bread, garnished with chopped parsley.