Guinea fowl is a delicious bird with juicy and tender flesh, similar to the meat of domestic chicken, only much tastier. Guinea fowl stewed in a sauce with white wine, field mushrooms and tomatoes is excellent with a setoff flavor of pink pepper that permeates the whole dish. You will surely want to repeat the pleasure having tried it once.
Ingredients for Guinea Fowl with Mushrooms
- 1 guinea fowl
- 0.6 lb field mushrooms
- 0.6 lb tomatoes
- 1 onion, parsley and 1 teaspoonful pink pepper peas
- 4-5 tablespoons olive oil
- half a glass white dry wine
Recipe for Guinea Fowl with Mushrooms
- Wash the fowl, dry it up and cut into pieces.
- Pour oil into a roasting pan, fry the fowl pieces with crushed peas of pink pepper quickly on high heat.
- Take the meat out; put field mushrooms cut into four pieces into the roasting pan, fry them.
- Add chopped onion, tomatoes, parsley and stew for 10 minutes.
- After that put in fried meat, pour in the wine, cover up and stew on low heat for about 30 minutes.
- Serve hot