This salad with fresh veggies and canned mackerel will provide many minerals and natural vitamins. Each ingredient will contribute something healthy. For example, cabbage is rich in diatary fiber, chlorophyll, selenium that has the power to slow down cells’ aging. Also, cabbage is a good source of vitamin C, E, and elements that can prevent middle intestine cancer. We posted earlier on the health benefits of carrot, onion, basil, lemon and olive oil. Canned mackerel is healthy because it is rich in calcium; it is nourishing and considered a dietary food. Try this fabulously tasty salad recipe.
Ingredients for Mackerel and Vegetables Salad
- 400 g canned mackerel
- 2-3 carrots
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 white onion
- 200 g cabbage
- 3-4 parsley stalks
- 10 leaves basil
- 5 tablespoons Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- Wash carrots, peel and grate into long strips.
- Cut onion into thin half-slices.
- Chop cabbage into thin slices with a knife or a slaw cutter.
- Shred basil and parsley.
- Coarsely grate garlic.
- Mash mackerel with a fork or hatch with a knife.
- Transfer all the ingredients into a large bowl, add salt and dress with olive oil.
- Add mackerel sauce, lemon juice and mayo.
- Mix everything well. Serve in portions or in a large salad bowl.