https://geniuscook.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/ingred1.jpg 376 450 Elena and Alfredo https://geniuscook.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/gc-logo2.png Elena and Alfredo2010-12-13 15:32:122010-12-16 15:07:29How to Make Hunter’s Rabbit with Mushrooms and Polenta
This is a dish for the whole family to enjoy. Rabbit is be stewed in a sauce with wine, tomatoes, mushrooms that gives it an unbelievably bold taste.
Ingredients for Rabbit with Mushrooms and Polenta
- 3.3 lb rabbit
- 1.0 lb tomatoes
- a glass of white wine
- 0.6 lb mushrooms, ceps or porcini
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- rosemary, basil
- red pepper, salt, olive oil
- flour for breading
- 0.6 lb corn flour
Recipe for Rabbit with Mushrooms and Polenta
- Cut the rabbit into pieces, wash and dry them.
- Pour oil into a frying pan. Roll the meat over in flour, fry on strong heat until the pieces have a brownish crust; put them away into a bowl.
- Pour some oil into a stewpot, fry finely chopped onion and garlic. Put in mushrooms in a minute. Fry for about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, rosemary and basil.
- Stew the sauce for about 10 minutes, after that pour in wine and put in the meat. Salt, pepper, cover up and stew for about 40 minutes until the meat has gotten soft.
- Boil some polenta from corn flour.
- Put hot polenta and meat onto plates and pour over with mushroom sauce.