Anchovy, little fat fish, is customarily fried in Italy. But it is also delicious when marinated and steamed. This way you get a slimming dish. You can make marinade from all kinds of spice which you like best.
Ingredients for Steamed Spicy Anchovy
- Anchovies: 600-700 gr.
- Balsamic vinegar: 2 tbsp
- Worcestershire sauce: 1 tablespoon
- Olive oil: 2 tbsp
- Salt: 1 tsp
- A mixture of ground spices, which include – cloves, coriander, black pepper, oregano and rosemary: 1 tablespoon
Recipe for Steamed Spicy Anchovy
- Gut the fishes and cut their heads off. Wash the bodies in running water.
- Prepare the marinade mixing the ingredients together.
- Put the fish into the marinade and leave in a cool place for 2-3 hours.
- Pour in water into a double boiler and bring to boil.
- Place the fish into the double boiler’s bowl in one layer.
- Cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Serve anchovy on a plate drizzled with olive oil with pieces of baguette. All vegetables go well with this dish.