The flesh of sea snails is very tasty and healthy. It is rich in vitamin E, magnesium, calcium and quality protein. These sea goodies are traditionally used in Italy to make various mouth-watering sauces.
Ingredients for Sea Snails in Tomato Sauce
- 2.2 lb sea snails
- several tomatoes
- a glass of dry white wine
- a glass of tomato puree
- a tablespoonful of finely chopped ginger
- 3 garlic cloves
- a couple of parsley sprigs
- a teaspoonful of spicy oil or a pinch of pepper
- olive oil
Recipe for Sea Snails in Tomato Sauce
- Put snails in a colander and wash in running water.
- Pour a couple of spoons olive oil into a stewing pan and fry finely cut ginger and garlic.
- Add finely cut tomatoes and tomato puree, stew for about 3 minutes, then pour in the wine.
- In a couple of minutes add finely chopped parsley, salt, spicy oil or pepper.
- Put snails into the sauce, cover and stew for about 30 minutes on low heat.
- This dish is served hot. The snail flesh is picked out of the shells with small forks or wooden sticks. Dip fried pieces of bread in the sauce.