The cake is prepared without flour, gluten-free. And without any margarine, without butter!
It is slightly moist, with rich chocolate flavor. A gentle melting texture and an elegant taste of the cake will not leave you cold.
If you do not like dark chocolate, you can use milk chocolate.
Ingredients for the Сhocolate Сake
- Chocolate 70% 250 gr.
- Ricotta: 250 gr.
- Sugar: 120 gr.
- Eggs: 4 + 1 Egg white.
- Lemon juice: 1 tsp
- Cocoa powder; 2 tbsp
- A pinch of salt.
For the glaze
- Chocolate: 100 gr.
- Any liquor: 2-3 tbsp
- Milk: 2-3 tbsp
For the cream
- Cream cheese: 200 gr.
- Cherry Jam: 3-4 tbsp
Recipe for Сhocolate Сake
- Melt the chocolate.
- Separate egg whites from yolks.
- Whip yolks until you get a thick cream.
- Add cocoa and ricotta, continue whipping for another minute.
- Then add melted chocolate, stir until smooth.
- Whisk egg whites with salt and lemon juice until stiff peaks.
- Add the chocolate cream.
- Work with spatula from the bottom up. When the mixture is smooth, place it into the form with oiled parchment.
- Bake at 338 F(170 degrees C) 40-45 min. Leave it to cool in the oven.
- The cake is very tasty even like this.
- However, we are not looking for an easy way. Therefore, we decided to cut the cake into two pieces and spread some cream cheese and jam in between.
- With the cream in the center, covered with chocolate glaze (made from melted chocolate mixed with milk and liquor), the cake turned out delicious.