The Recipe for Bulgarian Pepper Stuffed with Feta Cheese
Bulgaria is famous for many a delicious dish. One of them is chushki byurek, sweet fleshy peppers stuffed with sheep feta cheese and greens. Everyone who has ever tried them are delighted and want to cook them at home – and keep cooking. It’s better not to take too large peppers for chushki byurek.
Ingredients for Bulgarian Pepper Stuffed
- 2 lb sweet peppers
- 0.4 lb sheep feta cheese
- 0.1 lb cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- a bunch of greens: parsley, dill, basil, mint
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- a tomato
- grated dry bread, flour, egg for coating
- oil for fry
Recipe for Bulgarian Pepper Stuffed with Feta Cheese
- Bake peppers in the oven. Let them cool down, peel and cut off the seeds.
- Mash feta cheese with cottage cheese, chopped greens and mashed garlic. Add a finely cut tomato with juice squeezed off and eggs. Mix everything up well.
- Stuff the peppers with the mixture.
- Roll them in flour, dip into whipped egg and then into dry bread crumbs.
- Fry in oil until they acquire a golden crust.
- Put them out onto a napkin to take off oil.
- Serve either warm or cold