Baked Ham with Potatoes
Every now and then you will want to enjoy a whole chunk of baked meat. First, you should learn about making your meat soft and tender instead of dry and tough. Top tip for succulent baked ham is the right marinating process. It’s better to buy fresh, low-fat ham. To make it really tasty, try to get cooled meat, not frozen. Make this dish for Easter party when the whole family gathers around the table. Your family and friends will eat it up!
Ingredients for Baked Ham with Potatoes
4.4-5.5 lb (2-2.5 kg) cooled ham
1 bulb garlic
1 tablespoon ground bay leave
1 tablespoon sweet pepper
1 tablespoon meat spices
Ground white pepper and salt to taste
3 tablespoons (50 ml) 4%wine vinegar
Two tablespoons mustard
2 lb (1 kg) potatoes
Recipe of Baked Ham with Potatoes
- Wash ham. With a sharp knife, stab narrow deep holes all over the meat.
- Make stabs 2-4 inches apart.
- Break garlic bulb into cloves, cut garlic cloves in halves.
- Insert a half of garlic clove and two peppercorns into each hole.
- In a bowl, combine vinegar, sweet pepper, ground white pepper, salt, ground bay leaf, mustard and any meat spies that suit your taste.
- Spread this mixture all over the ham.
- Then place the ham in refrigerator.
- Meat has to marinate in spices for at least 12 hours, that’s why it’s better to marinate it overnight.
- Line baking sheet with foil and place fully marinated ham.
- Peel and cut potatoes into medium pieces beforehand. Season with little salt and place potato pieces around ham.
- Wrap everything in foil and bake in preheated oven for 1.5 hour. At the end of cooking time unwrap foil and bake for additional 15 minutes.
- When ham turns nicely brown and potatoes are tender, turn the heat off.
- Arrange on a serving plate and serve hot with potatoes and vegetables.
And here is one little secret for you: Cold thin slices of ham are even more delicious.