Veal (or calf) is a tender, dietary meat with little connective tissue. Calf meat is a rich source of high quality protein. That’s why it is essential food for kids who need more protein to grow. Eggs also contain protein and other substances that are vital to our health, and, especially, to woman’s health. Women who eat, at least, one egg every other day may lower breast cancer risk. Add this veal roll stuffed with eggs and greens to your everyday diet or make it for holiday. Veal rolls are so rich, yummy and mouth-watering. And they look good on your table.
Ingredients for Veal Roll
1-1.3 lb (500-600 g) veal
100 g lard
4 garlic cloves
Parsley, cilantro, fennel to taste
50 g white bread
3 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons flour
20 g capers
Oregano, meat spices, salt to taste
Recipe of Veal Roll
- Wash veal and cut into medium pieces.
- Peel and chop onion and garlic.
- Soak white bread in milk.
- Make hard-boiled eggs.
- Grind meat, lard, garlic and onion.
- Add soaked bread, two raw eggs, oregano, spices and salt to ground meat.
- Mix well, add flour and mix well again.
- Peel hard-boiled eggs and cut in halves.
- Chop greens finely.
- Spread ground meat on foil.
- Place line of chopped greens across the width of meat form and put capers over the greens.
- Then put four halves of eggs one after another.
- Add extra salt if needed; though remember that capers are salty.
- Then roll up in sausage fashion.
- Arrange roll on a baking sheet and unwrap the foil.
- Bake in a preheated oven at the medium temperature for 30 minutes.
- Bake until golden brown.
- Let cool to make cutting easier.