There is a great variety of Tiramisu cake recipes. But what all of them have in common is light sponge-type Savoiardi cookies. The dough for Savoiardi is usually made with 12 eggs per 2 pounds of flour. Our Tiramisu recipe also features airy custard, bitter chocolate, candied orange peel and pineapple slices. If you are going to make this dessert for Valentine’s Day, try to give it a heart-shaped form as shown on the pictures.
Ingredients for Tiramisu Cake
- 100-150 g Savoiardi cookies
- 3 tablespoons Amaretto liqueur
- 50 g dark chocolate
- 50 g candied orange peel
- 1 jar canned pineapple
Ingredients for Custard
- 400 ml milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 rounded tablespoons flour
- 300 g sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 100 g butter
- 50 g coconut flakes
- First, make the cream. In a saucepan, mix eggs, sugar, salt and flour until smooth paste.
- Add milk into the mixture gradually, combining with a mixer or a spoon.
- When all the ingredients are mixed until smooth paste, put the saucepan over low heat. Bring the mixture to boil and then add coconut flakes.
- Boil for 1-2 minutes, stirring regularly and turn the heat off. Let cool.
- Set the mixer to high speed and whip in 100 g of butter. Whip the cream for 5 minutes.
- Stir in candied orange peel and chopped chocolate.
- In a bowl, mix Amaretto liqueur with pineapple juice from the jar.
- Dip each cookie into the mixture and arrange into a serving plate.
- Then, spread the cream evenly over cookies.
- Put another layer of cookies and spread the cream again.
- Garnish Tiramisu with pineapple slices or any other fruits.
- Let stand in a fridge for 4 hours or mire.