You can cook tasty pasta with artichoke sauce. In Italy all kinds of flour production including macaroni goes by the name “pasta”. It is Italians’ favorite food. 0.2 lb (100 g) pasta is quite enough to satiate one man. If you do not wish to put on weight, you must serve light and low-calorie sauces with pasta. Macaroni with artichoke sauce make a perfect choice, because this dish is very tasty and won’t add extra inches to your waistline.
Ingredients for Tortiglioni with Artichoke Sauce
- 0.7 lb pasta (tortiglioni)
- 4 fresh artichokes
- 0.1 lb olives with stones
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 3 parsley stalks
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 5.1-6.8 fl oz dry white wine
- 0.2 lb grated tomatoes
- You can make the sauce using our recipe for artichoke sauce with olives and capers.
- Then pour 6 pts water into a wide pan, add 2 tablespoons salt. When the water is boiling put macaroni in and boil them stirring constantly until al’dente for about 10-12 minutes. Cooking time is usually written on the packet.
- Then drain the water through a colander.
- Arrange macaroni on the plates and top them with the artichoke sauce. Serve at once.