Tortelloni is stuffed pasta somewhat like meaty dumplings or fish dumplings. We buy them ready-made since we have them sold in many shops where often a whole family is working making them according to home recipes.
If you don’t have this pasta sold, you can make it at home easily. You will need 2 eggs + 2 yolks and a spoonful of olive oil for 0.6 lb flour for tortelloni. For stuffing mix ricotta with boiled and cut-up spinach.
Ingredients for Tortelloni in Cream and Mushroom Sauce
- Tortelloni with ricotta and spinach: about 1 kg.
- Cream: 200 ml.
- Dried porcini mushrooms (or ceps): 20-30 gr.
- Water: half cup.
- Cream cheese: 100 g.
- Olive oil: 3-4 tbsp
- Flour 1 tbsp without a hill.
- Salt, white pepper: to taste.
- Grated Parmesan.
Recipe for Tortelloni in Cream and Mushroom Sauce
- Put mushrooms in water for half an hour.
- Pour some olive oil into a stewing pan and fry the flour a little, then add finely chopped mushrooms. In a couple of minutes pour in strained water from mushrooms.
- Add cream, stew the sauce until it gets thick.
- At the end add cheese; as soon as it melts, turn off the heat.
- Put a large pan with water on heat.
- When the water begins to boil, put in tortelloni. Wait until the water boils again and go on boiling for 5 minutes.
- Strain them through a colander and put in the sauce.
- Give it a good mix-up and warm for another couple of minutes.
- Serve Tortelloni immediatelyhot, sprinkle with grated Parmesan.