Treat yourself to unbelievably tender puff buns with poppy. This time we made them from puffy yeast dough, the same that we made for croissants. You should prepare poppy for those buns beforehand, boiling it in sweet milk or syrup.
Ingredients for Puff Buns with Poppy
- 2 lb puffy yeast dough
- 1 glass sugar, 1 glass milk and 1 glass poppy for filling
- an egg
Recipe for Puff Buns with Poppy
- Prepare dough according to the recipe How to Make Puff Yeast Paste.
- Lay by 2 tablespoons of dry poppy for coating, pour the rest of the poppy with cold milk for 2-3 hours. After that put in sugar and boil for 20-30 minutes on low heat. Add some water if you find that there is not enough liquid. Cool down and mix in the white of an egg.
- Roll out the dough, cut it in two and smear poppy mixture thickly over each one.
- Roll them up and cut into slices like it’s shown in the picture. Lay them out on a baking tray with parchment on the bottom and leave to come by for one hour.
- Smear the buns with the yolk mixed with a spoonful of sugar and sprinkle with dry poppy.
- Bake in the oven pre-heated to 356 degrees for half an hour. When the buns get nicely brownish you can take them out.