If you have ripe bananas at home you can make a delicious treat – banana pancakes. They are good to eat any time of day, as an appetizer or dessert. They are easy to make. They are usually served sprinkled with cane sugar that adds charm to pancakes crunching merrily with each bite.
Ingredients for Jamaican Banana Pancakes
- 3 bananas
- 0.3 lb flour
- 0.2 pt milk
- 1 egg
- half of a nutmeg
- 1 bag vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- a pinch of salt
- oil for frying
- cane sugar for sprinkling
Recipe for Jamaican Banana Pancakes
- Mash the bananas, drizzle with lemon juice, add milk and egg. Mix flour with baking powder, sugar and salt. Put in vanilla, cinnamon and grated nutmeg.
- Mix the dry and liquid mixtures and stir carefully.
- Pour into a frying-pan enough oil to cover the bottom. Fry the pancakes on medium heat on both sides until they acquire a nice golden color. One pancake is made with one spoon of dough.
- Sprinkle with sugar and serve.