This recipe is very old, it’s taken from a cookery book published at the turn of the previous century. It is adapted to suit the present times. The waffles come out unbelievably tasty, flavorful and tender, they can be eaten with any kind of cream, honey, syrup, berries or fruit.
Ingredients for Poppy Waffles
- 70-80 g poppy
- 2 eggs
- 70 g. butter, softened
- 50 g sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 250 grams of flour
- 270 ml milk
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- A few drops of vanilla essence
Recipe for Poppy Waffles
- They used to grind poppy in marble mortars, but now you can grind it in a kitchen combine.
- Separate whites from yolks. Whip up whites until they form firm spikes, then put them aside.
- Take a bowl, mix soft butter with sugar, add yolks, whip up until you get fluffy creamy substance.
- Add flour mixed with baking powder and poppy.
- Pour in milk gradually and mix it up. Finally add the whipped whites and mix up carefully from bottom to top.
- Wait 10 minutes.
- And bake wafers in a wafer iron.