Fondant au chocolat – this is a special kind of chocolate cake with an unbaked filling that flows freely when you touch it with a spoon. If you get it right, you will be watching an outflow of warm chocolate with bated breath wanting to eat it at once. That’s right, fondant is eaten warm.
The secret of this tender dessert lies in the baking time. The top, sides and bottom should bake well while the filling should be only slightly warm. The filling should seep out, it’s the salient feature of a perfect fondant. Quality chocolate is very important.
This warm melting chocolate cake goes well with ice cream and is often served so in French cafes. It can be garnished with berries or jam for a holiday touch.
Ingredients for chocolate fondant
- Chocolate: 100 gr.
- Butter: 70 gr.
- Finely ground sugar: 40 gr.
- Flour: 50 gr.
- Eggs: 2
- Pinch of salt.
Recipe for chocolate fondant
- Beat up eggs with sugar.
- Melt chocolate with butter.
- Pour flour into the warm chocolate mixture and give it a good mix.
- Add beat eggs, salt and knead smooth dough.
- Smear forms with oil and sprinkle with flour.
- Distribute chocolate dough among the forms.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 355 degrees 10 min.