The Lemon Curd Recipe
Lemon curd was invented in England at the end of the XIX century. It is a soft velvety curd with a strong lemon flavor and an amazing sweet and sour taste. It is very easy to make and no unusual ingredients are needed. You can use the curd in making cakes, spread it on cookies, waffles, toasts. There are recipes to make the curd with yolks only with the addition of starch prepared on a water bath. But we chose the easiest and quickest way for you to enjoy this tasty curd. It can be given to children.
Ingredients for Lemon Curd
- 3 large lemons
- 3 eggs
- 0.4 lb sugar
- 0.1 lb butter
- a pinch of salt
- Take the peel off the lemons with a fine grater and squeeze them for juice.
- Beat up eggs with sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Add the peel and lemon juice and mix.
- Pour the mixture into a pan with a thick bottom, put on low heat.
- Boil the mixture stirring it unceasingly, don’t stop stirring even for a minute. After that boil it for about 2-3 minutes more.
- When the curd has gotten thick, take it off heat and add butter.
- Put it into the fridge and use it when you want it. It will keep for 7-8 days.