Taco – a stuffed tortilla – is a favorite dish the Mexicans. From burritos differs only in that it looks more like a sandwich.
The stuffing usually contains beans, tomatoes and cheese.
It can include different kinds of meat or vegetables. It is a dish over which you can improvise a lot.
Ingredients for Beef Taco
- 6 tortilla cakes
- 0.6 lb minced beef
- 0.4 lb boiled kidney beans
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 0.2 lb sweet pepper
- 1 onion
- 0.1 lb cheese
- 2 teaspoons chili sauce
- spices, salt, vegetable oil to taste
Recipe for Beef Taco
- Buy or make flat cakes on this recipe How to Make Tortillas.
- Pour a little oil onto a frying pan and fry finely chopped onion.
- Add minced meat and fry for 3 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, spices, kidney beans, sweet pepper and chili sauce.
- Salt to taste and simmer uncovered for about 5 minutes, stirring now and again; add grated cheese just before turning off the heat.
- Warm the flat cakes, fold them in two and put the stuffing in.