Zucchini is a variety of squash. The zucchini’s rind color can vary from yellow and dark green to light green and almost white. Zucchini is obviously healthy as this vegetable contains zinc that is beneficial to men’s sexual health. It also offers vitamin E that supports healthy skin and smoothes out wrinkles, which is especially important for women. While zucchinis have low calorie content, they are quite nourishing. That’s why zucchini goes with different sliming diets. Zucchini is also healthy for kids as it contains vitamin B that promotes the developing of nervous system. Zucchini dishes are very delicious and light.
Ingredients for Stuffed Zucchini
2 lb (1 kg) zucchini
300-400 g low-fat pork
20 g capers
A couple of fresh basil leaves
A couple of parsley stalks
4 garlic cloves
2-3 tablespoons tomato paste or grated tomatoes
2 tablespoons (30 g) olive oil
Salt to taste
Recipe of Stuffed Zucchini
- Wash meat and cut into medium pieces.
- Grate the meat with garlic, onion, basil leaves, parsley and capers.
- Season ground meat with salt to taste.
- Add tomato paste and beat in the egg.
- Mix everything well.
- Wash zucchini and cut in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the seeds and flesh.
- Stuff zucchini with ground meat.
- Put on a baking sheet.
- Pour olive oil over.
- Bake at the medium temperature for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot, or cold with lettuce leaves.
Note: You can add zucchini flesh to ground meat or to other dishes such as sauces, soups and borsch.