Scotch eggs are a traditional food for a picnic. In England, they are sold in supermarkets, already packed and ready to eat.
In America, they are served in restaurants, hot and with different sauces.
The first recipe of such eggs goes back to 1809, when it was mentioned in the English cookbook.
There are several variations of this dish. Very often, sausages without skin are used instead of raw minced meat. There are even some recipes where a boiled egg should first be marinated in Worcestershire sauce. Sometimes they are baked on the barbecue or fried in deep fat.
Ingredients for Scotch Eggs
- Eggs: 2
- Minced meat: 300 gr.
- Pancetta or bacon, thinly sliced: 100 gr.
- Flour: 1 tbsp
- Salt, pepper and other spices: to taste.
Recipe for Scotch Eggs
- The eggs are placed in boiling water and cooked for 5 minutes. Next, they should go in cold water. Then the eggshell is removed.
- Add flour, salt, and spices to the minced meat. Stir it well.
- Cover the eggs with minced meat; the egg should be hidden inside.
- Wrap each cutlet in bacon strips.
- Bake at 390 F 20 min.