Pancakes have always been much-loved by Russians. And this dish remains as popular these days. Russians traditionally celebrate the Pancake Day, similar to catholic Shrove Tuesday, or Fat Tuesday. You can’t count the variety of pancakes made on this holiday. There are lots of pancake recipes and fillings for them. But caviar stuffed pancakes definitely win the day! No one could resist these pancakes. Try our recipe for thin, non-yeast pancakes stuffed with red and black caviar.
Ingredients for Pancakes
- 1/5 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 glasses milk
- Baking soda, on the tip of the knife
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Ingredients for Filling
- 100 g red caviar
- 100 g black caviar
- In a bowl, whisk eggs with butter and vegetable oil, add salt and baking soda.
- Pour in milk, mix everything well and add flour.
- Beat with a mixer or a spoon until smooth batter.
- Add a half glass of warm milk and stir everything briskly.
- Make pancakes in a thick-bottomed frying pan over medium heat. Add a ladle of batter and move the mixture around to spread the batter evenly over the frying pan.
- Let the stake of pancakes cool.
- Put some caviar on the edge of each pancake and fold into rolls.
- Cut each roll into bite-size pieces and arrange on a serving plate.
- Garnish as you wish and serve.