Do you want to make yummy and healthy Raffaello candies without the plenty of coloring agents and E-additives? Try our recipe and relish the candies with your kids. Coconut flakes filled with butter, honey and condensed milk and roasted almond nut inside is really luxurious pleasure. The advantage of homemade candies is that you precisely know the ingredients you use, so there would be no unhealthy hydrogenated fats that are usually put into manufactured candies and sweets.
Ingredients for Homemade Raffaello Candies
- 200 g coconut flakes
- 200 g Mascarpone cheese, or cream
- 200 g butter
- 1 jar condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons natural honey
- 100 g almond nuts
- Put butter and condensed milk in a bowl and a water bath and melt, stirring regularly.
- Then add coconut flakes and stir everything thoroughly for about 3-4 minutes.
- Then remove the bowl from the water bath and put in a cool place for an hour.
- Whisk Mascarpone or cream with three tablespoonfuls of honey and combine the mixture with cooled coconut mixture and whisk everything together.
- Roast almond nuts in an oven or in a frying pan.
- Insert an almond nut into a small portion of coconut mixture and form balls. Then roll the balls in dry coconut flakes.
- Arrange nicely on a serving plate and place in a cool place.
- Wait 3-4 hours and serve.