Rainbow trout has light pinkish flesh which is very pleasant and soft. It is called rainbow trout because this fish has a thin crimson strip running along its body.
This fish has few bones, it is not difficult to cook and it makes delightful dishes.
Trout goes well with white mushrooms. So this dish will be you a pleasant surprise for your palate.
Ingredients for Rainbow Trout with Mushrooms
- 1 rainbow trout
- 1.1 lb porcini (ceps or white mushrooms)
- 2 garlic cloves
- some parsley stalks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- dry spices: thyme, rosemary, saffron, marjoram, black pepper
- salt to taste
- Spread the fish and cut the trout along the chine. Remove the head, the backbone, the ribs, the guts and wash the fish carefully in running water.
- Dust the fish with dry spices and salt to taste.
- Put the spread fish on a heated dry frying pan with a thick bottom.
- Fry the fish only on the skin-side over low heat for about 20 minutes.
- In the meantime you can cook mushrooms. Dice garlic finely and fry it in olive oil, then add chopped parsley and in a minute put in sliced white mushrooms. Cover the frying pan and simmer the mushrooms for about 15-20 minutes, salt to taste.
- When the fish is ready, put it on a plate, place the simmered mushrooms inside the fish and you can serve it at once. You can wash it down with some dry white wine.