Pitta is good for any kind of stuffing. This bread is fairly thin because there is less dough in it than it is usual, so stuffing steeps pitta quickly making it tenderer still. We like to stuff it with vegetables and greens. It is to all intents and purposes like fast food, only healthier by far.
Ingredients for Pitta with Eggplants
- 5 pittas
- 2 eggplants
- 0.4 lb tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- basil, olive oil, salt, pepper
Recipe for Pitta with Eggplants
- You can buy pitta or make it using our recipe The recipe for Pitta Bread
- Cut eggplants across into round slices. Fry them until soft on a dry frying pan or grille, then chop finely.
- Chop tomatoes finely, mix with eggplants.
- Put in mashed garlic and chopped basil.
- Dress with olive oil, salt, pepper and stuff pitta with the mixture.