Sun, Nov 25, 2012 | |
This is an uncommon and tasty dish prepared from quail stuffed with brown rice. It is served as a nest woven from bunching onion. It looks nice and will do well as a holiday dish.
Ingredients for Quail’s Nest
- 4 Quail
- Brown rice: 150 gr.
- Any solid or semi-hard cheese: 50 gr.
- Bacon (pancetta): 50 gr.
- Basil, green onion.
- Quail eggs: 12-16 pcs.
- Salt, pepper, olive oil, salt: all to taste.
Recipe for Quail’s Nest
- Cut quails’ breasts and take out the bones, leaving only the wing and leg bones.
- Smear the quails with olive oil, salt and pepper with a mixture of freshly ground peppers; leave to steep for an hour.
- Boil brown rice until ready in salted water according to the instructions on the package, approximately for 30 minutes.
- Mix 3 spoonfuls of olive oil, finely chopped rice, finely chopped breast, chopped basil and bunching onion into the rice. Leave some onion and a couple of basil sprigs to decorate the nest.
- Stuff the quails with rice, close the incision with toothpicks, tie the legs up with thread.
- Place the quails on an oiled tray and put into the oven pre-heated to 350 degrees for half an hour.
- Take a plate, weave something looking like a nest from green onion and basil, put the bird in the middle and place boiled eggs in a circle around it. You can add capers or olives to the decoration.