Chestnut flour is fine not only for making pies, but also wonderful pancakes, fritters and griddle cakes.
This flour has a special strong taste with nutty flavor which is set off well by the rosemary aroma. So it’s a good idea to add a pinch of rosemary into the dough made from chestnut flour.
Bakery from chestnut flour has dark, honey-like color and soft texture.
Ingredients for Chestnut Pancakes
- Chestnut flour: 120-150 gr.
- Wheat flour: 50 gr.
- Eggs: 2
- Any type of soft cream cheese Philadelphia, mascarpone, sour cream or cream: 3-4 tbsp
- Kefir or yogurt: half a cup.
- Extra virgin olive oil (flavored with rosemary): 2-3 tbsp
- Baking powder 1 tsp
- Sugar: 1-2 tbsp or to taste.
- Pinch of salt.
- Oil for frying.
- Honey or maple syrup and butter for serving.
Recipe for Chestnut Pancakes
- Mix flour with all ingredients until you get a smooth mass.
- Leave for 20-30 minutes.
- Put the dough with a spoon and fry pancakes from both sides in a large quantity of oil.
- Put out on paper napkins.
- Serve chestnut pancakes or fritters warm with honey or maple syrup and butter.