This dish belongs to the traditional Neapolitan cuisine. The unusual thing about it is that dry pasta is poured directly into the sauce with beans and is cooked according to the same method as risotto.
The dish has a thick, creamy texture in which all flavors are joined by penetrating into each other; each piece is enveloped in a delicious cream.
Ingredients for Pasta with Beans and Pork Rinds
- Boiled Beans: 400 gr.
- Pork rinds: 150 gr.
- Prosciutto crudo: 100 gr.
- Pasta Mista: 200 gr.
- Onion: 1
- Puree tomatoes (passata): 400 gr.
- Olive oil: 2 tablespoons
- Dry white wine: 50-100 ml.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe for Pasta with Beans and Pork Rinds
- Pour oil in a saucepan and slightly fry the pork rinds that are cut into small squares.
- Add chopped onions and prosciutto. Fry onions until transparent.
- Pour some wine and add tomatoes in a couple of minutes.
- Stew the sauce for about 5 minutes and add beans. Simmer it on low heat for a few minutes.
- Then add dry pasta.
- Stew it again, stirring constantly; slowly add hot water until al’dente pasta is cooked. We must try to cook pasta that will not stick to the bottom of the skillet. At the same time, it should not turn into soup. The dish should not be liquid.
- Once the pasta is ready, you can serve it.