Italian Potato Cakes Recipe
These cakes (or pies) are prepared in the central regions of Italy. They look like small focaccia with delicious fillings.
This recipe can be used to cook very tasty and tender dough that is suitable for any non-sweet filling.
Ingredients for Italian Potato Cakes
For the dough
- Potatoes: 400 g.
- Flour: 200 gr. + qs while rolling out dough..
- Grated Parmesan cheese: 3 tablespoons with a slide.
- Fresh yeast: 12 g.
- Olive oil: 1-2 tbsp
- Salt and sugar: to taste.
- Water: 80 ml.
- Speck, bacon or prosciutto cotto: 150 gr.
- Pancetta: 100 gr.
- Mozzarella: 250 gr.
- Grated Parmesan cheese 1-2 tablespoons
Recipe for Italian Potato Cakes
- Mix yeast with warm water.
- Boil potatoes in their skins until soft. Peel them and mash into a puree.
- Add grated cheese, salt, an egg, flour, and diluted yeast.
- Knead dough and put it in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Chop the products for the filling finely.
- Spread flour on the kitchen worktop. Flatten the dough with your fingers to form a flat cake.
- Cut it into circles with a mold. Put the filling on top of each circle and cover it with another circle. Close up the edges.
- Bake the potato cakes in the preheated oven, at 180-200 C for about 30 minutes.