This is an excellent Italian dish, which will gladden you and your friends with a cultivated taste.
Mussels are mollusks which live in shallow pure sea water.
The meat of mussels is delicate and low-calorie, it is rich in proteins, phosphorus, iron and vitamins, that is why mussels are perfect for dieting and for people who regularly go in for sports.
This dish is also good for romantic dinners, because it improves libido and you and your sweetheart can enjoy it together.
Ingredients for Pasta with Mussles
1 kg Mussels
500 g Pasta bavette (flat)
500 g Tomatoes
30 g Parsley
50 g extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves
- Put the mussels into the pot, cover them and heat over medium heat, stir them from time to time.
- When all mussels open (throw out those mussels which did not open), take them off the cooker, detach mussels meat from the shells and lay mussel meat on a plate.
- Filter the water in which the mussels were boiled and pour it into a cup.
- Pour olive oil into a pan. Cut garlic cloves into four pieces and fry over medium heat.
- When the garlic becomes golden brown (you can either take the garlic pieces out or leave), add parsley and mix everything.
- Cut tomatoes into small pieces and add them to garlic and parsley.
- Fry everything for 3 minutes.
- After this pour the water in which the mussels were boiled into the pan and boil it over strong heat till it thickens. Then add mussels and boil for 2-3 more minutes.
- Cook pasta in salted water till it is ready, drain it and place in a serving bowl.
- Spoon the mussels with sauce over the pasta and mix together thoroughly.
- Serve it. The dish should be eaten hot.