How to Make Fried Honey Mushrooms with Garlic
Honey mushrooms are autumn mushrooms with a rich pleasant taste and flavor. They are very good marinated, stewed and fried. These mushrooms can do as a main dish or as an excellent garnish. If you replace meat with mushrooms at least three – four times a week you will get noticeably slimmer for mushrooms are low-caloric and nourishing at the same time. Italians call mushrooms fried in olive oil with garlic and parsley fungi trifolati. Today we cooked oyster mushrooms Italian style.
Ingredients for Fried Honey Mushrooms with Garlic
- 1.3-1.5 lb/ 600-700 g honey or oyster mushrooms (you can take frozen mushrooms)
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- some parsley stalks
- If you use wood mushrooms you’d better boil them beforehand. Frozen mushrooms can be cooked right after unfreezing.
- Pour some olive oil into a deep frying pan and fry finely diced garlic cloves.
- Then add shredded parsley and after a minute add the mushrooms, salt to taste.
- Fry mushrooms for about 20-25 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Serve the dish on salad leaves with tomatoes and lemon slices. You can eat them hot or cold.