Spaghetti with Pumpkin and Shrimp Sauce Recipe
Eating a lot of vegetables and seafood is very healthy. They have one wonderful function – help control our weight. For example, pumpkin, though big in size itself, helps to lose weight and removes excessive fat and water from our body. And shrimp featured in our recipe contains easily digestible protein and leaves no sense of heaviness in the stomach. Staggering 200 g of shrimp provides daily intake of selenium and iodine. Pasta is also very healthy and is rich in B-vitamins. Pasta is not fattening if you make it right, i.e. boil until al dente.
Ingredients for Spaghetti with Pumpkin and Shrimp Sauce
- 300-400 g spaghetti
- 1 lb unshelled shrimp
- 300 g pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Several parsley stalks
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- Shred garlic and parsley.
- Chop pumpkin finely, or grate coarsely.
- Peel shrimp
- Pour olive oil in a frying pan and sauté garlic, and then add parsley.
- In a minute, add pumpkin and salt to taste. Simmer over low heat for about 5 minutes.
- When pumpkin is tender, add shrimp and keep simmering everything together for 5 minutes.
- When the sauce is ready, boil water for spaghetti.
- As soon as the water boils, drop spaghetti and stir regularly so they don’t stick.
- Boil spaghetti as described in a package cooking directions.
- Use a colander to drain water. Put portions in plates.
- Top with pumpkin and shrimp sauce.
- Serve hot.