Fried Fennel Bulbs Recipe
Have you tried sweet fennel or finocchio? If you haven’t, we strongly encourage you to do so, especially if you are watching your diet. Fennel improves metabolism and helps lose excessive weight. Finocchio is an Italian (Florentine) fennel, the closest relative of dill that is a sort of fennel. Fennel is widely used in Mediterranean cuisine. Fennel juice has strong blood-producing properties, increases hemoglobin levels and improves blood composition, removing toxins. Fennel bulbs are very tasty and they come with salads and various dishes. They are also fried in olive oil. Fried fennel bulbs can be a great side dish to meat and fish or be served as the main dish. Fennel bulb is very juicy and flavorful with delicate, sweetish, anise aroma.
Ingredients for Fried Fennel Bulbs
- 3 fennel bulbs
- 2-3 tablespoons Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- Wash fennel. Remove leaves and green stems (you can use them for sauces).
- Cut each bulb into 4-6 pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Put fennel pieces, add salt to taste and cover.
- Cook for 2 minutes, turn the pieces over and keep simmering over low heat for 2-3 minutes, covered.
- Uncover, increase the heat slightly and fry fennel bulbs until golden.
- Dust with breadcrumbs at the end, stir everything and turn the heat off after one minute.
- Serve hot or cold with Cherry tomatoes and fresh parsley.