You can learn how to make a meringue from our previous recipe. And here we offer the recipe for a wonderful and delicious meringue cake. It’s the meringue that makes this cake so airy. This cake is spirit-lifting and you can’t think of anything better for a romantic dinner than a lovingly made meringue cake. And your kids will be just trilled. Homemade cake is obviously healthy as you use only natural ingredients. You can decorate it with strawberries or any other fruit that suit your taste. Fresh fruit is what makes this dessert figure-friendly because they help burn fats and are rich in vitamins.
Ingredients for the Meringue Cake Layers
3 egg yolks
½ cup (100 g) butter
150 g sugar
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon vinegar
3 tablespoons sour cream
Salt to taste
½ cup (150 g) flour
Ingredients for the Cream
100 g meringue
1 tablespoon sour cream
1 cup sugar
200 g strawberry
50 g pine nuts
50 g peanut
Recipe of Meringue Cake with Strawberry
- Beat the yolks with the sugar until white foam.
- Add soft butter and sour cream.
- Beat everything well.
- Mix baking soda with vinegar and add to the mixture.
- Put the flour and beat with a mixer at a medium speed.
- Beat until thick pastry.
- Coat a cake pan with oil and sprinkle with breadcrumbs or dust with flour.
- Spread the pastry evenly.
- Bake in a preheated oven at the medium temperature for 30 minutes. Check doneness not to overcook.
- To make cream, beat sour cream with sugar.
- When the cake layer is done, let it cool.
- Then cut in half.
- Put the meringues (you can break them) close to each other on one half of the cake layer.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts and spread the cream over.
- Place the other half of the cake layer on top and spread the cream onto it.
- Top with strawberries and the meringues.
- Coat the edges with the cream and encrust with peanuts and strawberries.
- Let stand in refrigerator for 4 hours.
- Brew a strong tea and invite your friends and family to enjoy this heavenly cake.