Marinated mushrooms are a great appetizer. Note oyster mushrooms, because they are sold fresh all year round, even in winter. Marinating them is easy and quick.
The amazingly delicious appetizer from oyster mushrooms can be enjoyed the next day after marinating them. The spices will reveal their full flavor only on the second day, when the mushrooms draw properly.
Note: you should try the marinade during cooking and add the spices that you like.
All the ingredients are approximate; it is difficult to define the exact measurements. After all, tastes differ.
Ingredients for Marinated Oyster Mushrooms
- Oyster mushrooms: 1 kg.
- Bay leaf: 3-4.
- Pepper, you can mix – white, green, pink, black peppers, and coriander, cloves.
- Dried oregano: a pair of stems. (can be dried dill)
- Large salt: 1.5 tbsp without hill.
- Sugar: 1 tbsp
- Grape vinegar 6%: about 2 tablespoons, but in anyway will need to balance the acid to your taste.
Recipe for Marinated Oyster Mushrooms
- Wash the oyster mushrooms and remove the main stem.
- Cut larger caps in stripes, smaller ones – in halves.
- Pour half a liter of water into a saucepan; add all the spices to your taste.
- Bring to the boil and add the mushrooms. Cook for 10 minutes after boiling. During cooking, try the taste of the marinade and add the necessary spices. The marinade should be slightly oversalted and spicy.
- Add vinegar, turn off the heat, and let the mushrooms cool slowly.
- Put the mushrooms into a jar; pour the marinade in and place a lid over the jar.
- Marinated oyster mushrooms can be stored in refrigerator for 2-3 weeks, unless, of course, you will not eat them before.