Such baskets are good for practically anything – you can put in sweet fillings made up from fruits, berries, custard, or non-sweet ones from cheese, mushrooms, pastes and mashes. You can make a lot of them for future use and store them in the refrigerator. You will always be able to think of something interesting to put in them.
Ingredients for Shortcrust Baskets
- 0.9 lb flour
- 0.4 lb butter
- 4 tablespoonfuls water
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoonful salt
- 1 teaspoonful sugar
Recipe for Shortcrust Baskets
- Cut cold butter into cubes, mix with flour and salt, sugar. Rub the mixture into small crumbs.
- Add water and eggs and knead dough.
- Break the dough into balls, their size depending on the size of the forms.
- Spread the dough in the forms and prick it with a fork to prevent the bottom from coming up.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 392 degrees.