Wed, Mar 20, 2013 | |
Grog is an extremely wholesome and warming-up drink made up from tea, rum, and spices. It helps you relax and goes for a quicker recovery from cold, because the spices that are put in it possess anti-inflammatory properties.
We offer you an experimentative recipe, if any of these spices don’t agree with you, take some other spices instead and alter the quantities as you like.
Ingredients for grog with rum and spices
- Green or black tea 2 tsp.
- Water: 320 ml.
- Several cloves
- Pair of black peppercorns and coriander
- Cinnamon stick
- A pair of stars anise
- A few thin slices of ginger.
- Sugar or honey: to taste.
- Dark rum 80 ml.
Recipe for grog with rum and spices
- Infuse some tea with boiling water (preferably in a thick-walled teapot), add all the spices and let the beverage stand by.
- Pour rum into glasses, put in honey, a slice of lemon, and pour in hot strained tea.
- Drink at once