Pasta with beans and mussels is a mouth-watering Italian dish. It is a wonderful combination of mussels with their amazing taste, beans that are so rich in dietary fiber, vitamins and minerals, and pasta that provides us with carbohydrates.
This recipe also involves tomatoes that contain beta-carotene and are known for antioxidant properties.
Garlic is a natural antibiotic, and parsley offers chlorophyll let alone vitamins. All the ingredients make this dish so nourishing and superior in taste.
Ingredients for Pasta with Beans and Mussels
2 lb shelled mussels
300 g pasta (gramina)
200 g beans
1 lb (500 g) tomatoes
3 tablespoons (50 ml) olive oil
30 g parsley
2-3 garlic cloves
Salt and red-pepper to taste.
Recipe of Pasta with Beans and Mussels
- Soak beans in cold water overnight.
- Boil soaked beans for an hour until soft.
- If you have fresh mussels, drop them in pot and heat.
- When mussels open, pull shells apart and remove flesh.
- Strain mussel water and use it later for sauce.
- If you have ready-made or frozen mussels, just pull them open and remove flesh. Also, strain the water left in the package.
- Put oil in pot and fry finely chopped garlic slightly.
- Then add parsley and tomatoes (diced into small pieces).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for several minutes and add mussel water.
- Then add boiled beans to the sauce and cook over medium heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil pasta in another pot and use colander to drain water.
- Then put pasta in sauce with beans.
- Toss everything well and serve immediately.