Leerfish is a tasty fish belonging to the family of queenfishes. It has pinkish and almost boneless flesh. Its taste resembles that of tuna. You can use this fish to cook fabulous dietary patties. Kids and seniors will also enjoy these leerfish patties. Fish patties are very healthy because they contain easily digestible protein and polyunsaturated fatty acids. Any fish is rich in phosphorus that is essential for proper brain function. Here is a recipe for leerfish patties.
Ingredients for Leerfish Patties
- 4.5 lb (2kg) leerfish
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- Sage and basil, 2-3 leaves each
- Ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon flour
- Olive oil
Recipe for Leerfish Patties
- Wash the fish. Cut off head and fins and gut.
- Then, rise in running water well.
- Pat dry with a paper towel and cut into pieces.
- Cut along the spine and fillet carefully.
- Grate the fish fillet with onion, garlic, basil and saffron.
- Add black pepper, 2 tablespoonfuls of flour and an egg to ground meat. Season with salt to taste.
- Combine everything well.
- Pour olive oil into a frying pan and heat well.
- Wet your hands and then form patties.
- Fry patties on each side over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Fry until browned.
- Serve hot as the second course or cold as an appetizer.