Tender, delicious and stomach-friendly, lamb cuts are the best delicacy meat. Even seniors with health problems and kids can eat this meltingly tender meat dish with soft green peas. Lamb meat is low in calories and is used in various slimming diets. Green pea contains proteins, carbs, chlorophyll and fiber. So this dish is nutritionally balanced and has an amazing taste.
Ingredients for Lamb Meat with Green Peas
1-1.3 lb lamb cuts
1 lb canned green peas (or frozen green peas)
Couple of basil leaves
5 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons lard
Salt, white pepper to taste
Recipe for Lamb Meat with Green Peas
- Peel onions and chop finely.
- Heat chopped lard in a thick-bottomed pot. Add a half of olive oil and onions.
- Sauté onions until golden, stirring regularly.
- Add green peas and pour in 2 glasses of water. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook for 30 minutes over medium heat.
- Grate nutmeg finely.
- Sprinkle slices of lamb with nutmeg and salt, roll and fix with toothpicks.
- Roll all the slices.
- Put olive oil in a frying pan and add meat rolls. Cover and fry on each side for 5 minutes.
- Don’t fry the meat over 10-12 minutes.
- Arrange fried meat rolls and green peas on a serving plate and top the sauce.
- Garnish with tomatoes and fresh basil leaves.
- Serve hot. Make sure you remove the toothpicks out of meat